24 Mar Sensitive Teeth in Prescott?
Does flossing or brushing irritate your gums and cause bleeding? Does that cold water or sweet treat every cause you sensitivity? If this is something you can relate to, you have sensitive teeth!
Some problems that may cause sensitive teeth in Prescott include:
- Gum disease
- Enamel that has been worn down
- Exposed root surface due to gum recession
- Tooth Fracture
- A large filling
Whether you have a sensitive tooth or every tooth in your mouth has sensitivity, get into your dentist. Sometimes it’s just sensitive teeth but your dentist can try different options to give you relief.
Some ways your dentist can help to relieve this discomfort!
- Fluoride: Can be done in office with a foam or gel solution or impressions can be taken for trays to continue the fluoride treatment at home.
- Fillings: This can be done on smaller cavities that have not irritated the nerve. (your dentist will be able to tell you)
- Root Canal: This procedure is done once the cavity or fracture has reach the nerve and cause and abscess. This can be done by a specialist or your dentist if they do in office.
- Gum Grafting: This is often performed by a Periodontist office and will place gum tissue where it has receded or is no longer there due to trauma.
- Toothpaste: Make sure you’re using a sensitive tooth paste at home! A lot of whitening tooth pastes will cause more sensitivity so stay away from these.
Your best solution to any sensitivity is first discussing it with your dentist to rule out any serious issues. Remember, Hicks Dental Group is here to help!
Images used under creative commons license – commercial use (3/24/2016) soccerkrys (Flickr)