04 Apr The Effectiveness of Dental Implants in Prescott
A missing tooth can occur for any number of reasons; severe gum disease, heavy tooth grinding, malnutrition, serious illness, or trauma, like a hit to the mouth or head. A dental implant is one solution for tooth loss that is more permanent than a standard bridge or denture. At Hicks Dental Group, we have seen the effectiveness of dental implants in Prescott in replacing missing teeth. Please contact our offices with any questions, and we’ll be glad to discuss options with you.
What is a dental implant? A dental implant is an artificial tooth that is surgically inserted into your jawbone to replace a missing tooth. A metal post, usually made of titanium, is placed into the jawbone as an anchor. A tooth is created to match the existing teeth around the gap in your teeth. Usually made from porcelain, this tooth is then connected onto the established metal post. In time, the inserted metal post will fuse with the jawbone as the bone grows around it, giving it strength and stability. The end result is a sturdy replacement for your missing tooth that blends into the color and look of the rest of your teeth.
Benefits of a Dental Implant
- A long-lasting solution to missing teeth or chronic dental issues
- After the bone has grown around the implanted post, your new tooth will feel as strong and sturdy as your existing teeth
- The titanium posts are hidden below the gumline, only allowing the new porcelain artificial tooth to be seen
- Implants do not rely on existing teeth to stay in place, whereas a dental bridge requires the grinding down of the nearest teeth to hold the new artificial teeth in place
- Improved ability to speak and eat, with an enhanced look
For an enduring solution, the effectiveness of dental implants in Prescott may be the right answer to give you back your smile and your ability to eat well without worry. If you’re looking for a long-lasting, natural-looking replacement for a missing tooth or teeth, Hicks Dental Group in Prescott Arizona is able and ready to work with you in restoring your smile and in giving you back the functionality of your teeth.
Images used under creative commons license – commercial use (11/1/2017) COM SALUD Agencia de comunicación (Flickr)