19 Jan What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is a term used to describe a type of dentistry that aims to improve the appearance of teeth, making sure they look as natural as possible. Cosmetic dental procedures provide many advantages including boosting your confidence, making it easier to take care of your teeth, and even improving bruxism. At Hicks Dental Group in Prescott, AZ, we strive to restore your smile and your confidence through our cosmetic dentistry services.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
While general dentistry focuses on treating and preventing oral disease, the primary purpose of cosmetic dentistry is to address the needs of patients who might be lacking confidence in the appearance of their smile. Your smile is a huge part of how you form a first impression, both in your personal and professional life. Believe it or not, smiling also has many physical and mental health benefits. So helping you have pearly whites that you feel good about showing off is one of our passions.
We aim to correct flaws that are visible when you eat, laugh, smile, or speak. Our cosmetic services are available to all of our patients with mostly healthy teeth who want an extra edge. The majority of these treatments are non-invasive and can be completed relatively quickly, and some procedures even overlap with other more traditional treatments like dental implants.
What can Cosmetic Dentistry Treat?
- Tooth gaps
- Stained teeth
- Oddly-shaped teeth
- Uneven gum tissue
- Missing teeth
- Chips and surface cracks
- Updating metal amalgam fillings
What are Some Common Cosmetic Procedures?
- Cosmetic Teeth Whitening. Also called teeth bleaching, this procedure can whiten your teeth when there is discoloration and/or staining. It can be done at our office or at home, but without a professional diagnosis addressing the cause of the discoloration, results may not be as effective.
- Dental Veneers. Veneers are very thin pieces of porcelain that cover the front of a tooth and are custom made to match the tooth’s shape. Aesthetically, they match teeth in both shape and color to create a beautiful and attractive smile. Porcelain veneers are very durable. They can also be used to enhance your smile by completely reshaping your teeth and whitening them.
- Dental Implants. A dental implant is an artificial tooth root placed into the jaw to hold a replacement tooth or bridge in place. While high-tech in nature, dental implants are actually more tooth-saving than traditional bridgework, since implants do not rely on neighboring teeth for support.
- Cosmetic Dental Crowns. A crown (or cap) is a covering that encases the entire tooth surface restoring it to its original shape and size. Porcelain crowns are made to match the shape, size, and color or your teeth giving you a natural, long-lasting beautiful smile.
- Straightening. At Hicks Dental Group, we offer Invisalign, a revolutionary orthodontic treatment without the use of conventional metal braces. A series of computer-generated, clear plastic aligners are used to move teeth. They are removable and comfortable to wear.
Cosmetic Dentistry in Prescott
It is important to note that cosmetic dentistry is ideal for those who already have overall good oral health. Ask one of our dentists and our staff which cosmetic treatment would best achieve the results you are looking for. It is also important to be aware that cosmetic dentistry may not be covered by dental insurance or may have a high out-of-pocket expense. If you are ready to gain your confidence back with the smile of your dreams, give Hicks Dental Group a call today!